Thursday, November 12, 2009

SUGAR AND SPICE AND . . .

Grandma was making an apple pie tonight and some pie dough cookies with the left over pie dough. She was sprinkling cinnamon and sugar on the cookies before she baked them and Carly was watching every move she made. Grandma had made the same cookies last week when she baked some other pies so, I think Carly was pretty excited to have some more cookies.

I walked by a few minutes later and saw Carly with the cinnamon and sugar shaker and Grandma was right there so I didn't think much of it. I figured Grandma had emptied it doing the cookies and was letting Carly hold it. What is it they say about making ASSUMPTIONS? Oh yah, nevermind. I should have asked more questions.

The next time I turned around I saw Carly playfully shaking cinnamon and sugar all over the kithen floor as she delightfully danced around in it. She looked shocked when I screamed her name. I mean, what in the world could I want. She knew I had seen her with it and not said anything and she was just having fun, right? I took the shaker away from her but that didn't bother her much she just kept dancing her naked feet all over the floor. It didn't matter how many times I told her "NO" or in what tone she loved the feel of the sugar on her feet and she danced away. I had to pick her up and move her.

I went to get a vacuum and came back to find my dogs cleaning it up with their tongues for Carly back in the middle of it all dancing again. By this time--you can imagine, it was a real sticky, yukky mess. All I can say is--Man, it's a good thing this little girl is so darn cute!

No comments: