Sunday, November 15, 2009

CARLY IS A PARROT

The newest fun at our house is getting Carly to repeat the things you say. Sometimes it's on purpose and sometimes it just happens. Her sisters have the most fun getting her to say the slang of the day like "Wassup" and "Wass Happnin'" and "You go girl." Then there are those moments when you are not thinking at all about teaching her a new word but something frustrating happens and you say "Dang it"(which is about as bad as I get these days)and you don't realize she's there until you hear this tiny little "dang it" right behind you. Arrghh! Gotta watch myself! I'm raising a little person and she is a parrot. She mimics everything she hears right now. Hey, maybe I'm saying all the wrong things out loud. Tomorrow I'm starting with a new outloud mantra. Mommy is smart. Mommy is pretty. Mommy is cool. I love Mommy. Mommy is my favorite parent, Mommy is a genius . . .

No comments: