Friday, November 6, 2009

CHIROPRACTICALLY EVERYONE . . .

Well, actually only Grandma, Jonathon and I went to the Chiropractor today--along with a friend and her baby who referred us to this Chiropractor. I didn't know until very recently that babies could be adjusted by chiropractors but it's actually quite a common practice. Anyway, this one we went to has seen a ton of babies and helped them with Reflux. So, we drove almost an hour to see him. It was really interested to watch him work with Jonathon and to have him show us how he was out of alignment and then see him put him back in alignment. I was very pleasantly surprised by the whole thing.

When you think about it babies actually go through a lot during the birth process to squeeze their bodies out of a not very big opening. It has to put a strain on their body and the way it is aligned. We noticed almost immediately how calm Jonathon became. He usually has his arms waving around--sometimes even when he first goes to sleep he will still have them moving but he didn't at all once he'd been adjusted. So far, it hasn't changed his spitting up at all but they told us that could take a couple of times to make a difference. I'm willing to try anything at this point. Thickening his formula with rice helped a little bit--not a lot but it gave him tummy troubles. The Prevacid hasn't seemed to have kicked in yet but we were only on day 3 today. I just don't know what to do for him that we aren't trying.
I really do wish I knew.

Mom's arm and shoulder felt a good bit better when we were done, too--and my head felt better for the moment. All in all I think the trip was worthwhile. We will do it at least once more and hope for further good results. Wish us luck!

No comments: