Saturday, May 23, 2009

SO, TURNS OUT . . .

Carly has a pretty bad ear infection and bad congestion that is most likely the onset of Asthma. This knowing when and when not to take them to the doctor thing is not easy. She had a couple of ear aches before and she is always tugging at her ear or her ears are really sensitive to being touched but she wasn't doing any of that this time. I had no clue it was her ears. She was congested off and on but it would come and go. She had a bad cough Friday night but it was gone this morning when I took her in--just like her temperature. It was normal too. Although, her mood was still high cranky. That's how I knew something was still wrong. You have to watch Sponge Bob to get this but I've been calling her my little Crabby Patty for the last few days. Wow, can she get unhappy!

Anyway, he started her on a baby's version of a z-pak and we now have a nebulizer (sp) and albuterol. She let the nurse do the nebulizer with her and was a perfect angel. Do you think she has done that even once at home? OH NO! It's the old "I DO NOT LIKE THAT SAM I AM" routine with tantrum and tears. It's a lot of fun every four hours for about 15 minutes--but she does feel better immediately after so I guess it's worth it.

Rob got the sprinklers put on the garden today so we don't have to hand water that anymore. Yay!

Julie went swimming with a friend and got a bit of a sunburn. I always tell my kids to re-apply the sunscreen but they don't always listen. Then Megan rolled in later with a really bad burn on her arms and legs. She had helped set up 1,500 white crosses in a cemetary for Memorial Day and did it without ANY sunscreen. Now mind you, she is as pale as I am and needs sunscreen worse than any of the other girls--but didn't bother to wear it cuz she didn't think it would take too long--right! Do we moms just talk to hear ourselves? It sure feels like it sometimes, doesn't it?

I made homemade pizza tonight and watched an NCIS marathon with the girls. That was pretty much our day. Have a fun weekend everyone and most of all remember those who have given their lives for our freedom!

No comments: