Sunday, May 17, 2009

IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHING!

Today has been a funny, er, ah, interesting day. Went to church, headed down to see Rob's mom since we didn't get there on Mother's Day. (Don't worry, we had a good reason for not getting there last week.) We have looked for a day and a half for the jewelry Rob bought for his Mother. He put it in a safe place. We searched one more time before we left. Cannot find them anywhere. Shhh. Don't tell her. The jewelry will now be a birthday or Christmas present when it turns up. Rob has another plan. I can't tell you the plan or I'd have to kill you. Actually I'd just be embarrassed. But don't worry we've got the Mother's Day gift covered.

So, Rob's on-call with work today and just as we are walking out the door he gets called out. Luckily, he was able to arrange to do the service call after our visit. But our visit with his parents got interupted by some friends of theirs so it gets cut short anyway.

We decided to stop and do the service call on the way home and save Rob two hours of driving. Instead of it taking the 30 minutes he thought it would take to do the call it takes 2.5 hours. When we get out to the van to go home, it has a really bad flat. There was a metal clip with a knive edge in the tire that looked like someone had just pounded it into the tire. It didn't look like we had driven on it at all. So it was not a happy thing at all! Rob spent the next twenty minutes putting the donut spare on the van so we could make it home. The donut was almost flat--so we had to go to a close-by gas station to fill it up.

We get back on the road--not the freeway--since we are on a donut spare and then, a bell goes off and we realize we are almost out of gas. Yep, we are in my vehicle--not Rob's work one and I forgot to mention at the gas station that we might need gas. I completely forgot I was low on it--so we quickly find a gas station again and fill up. Then as we are slowly meandering home I start getting a really bad migraine and get shaky and realize I need something to eat. Now, it's Sunday and we usually don't shop on Sunday but I realize I'm in trouble so hubby finds a place to get me a sandwich. All better. Back on our way again. This is a serious comedy of errors. We shouldn't have gotten out of bed today.

Anyway, finally we get home--unload the girls, drop the van off at a shop where they can fix the tire first thing in the morning. Rob and I are just about to crawl in bed and he says, "Oh No!" I said, "What?" He tells me he has to go back over to the shop where we left my van because he left his work computer in my van! Truly, "It's Always Something!" as Rosanne Rosannadanna would say!

No comments: