Monday, March 16, 2009

JESUS, I KNOW THEE

Yesterday was such a sweet day at church. Carly was being a LOT fussy during our last meeting and I had to leave with her. Way too noisy. I took her out to the foyer and sat down on the couch with her and tried to feed her a bottle but she didn't want it. She stood up on my lap and pointed to a framed portrait behind me and said, "Jesus." I was so excited. I said "Yes, that's right." Then she pointed to another one across the room and said the same thing. She was right again. I picked her up and we went walking down the hallway and passed a few more and she picked him out everytime--even when there were more people in the picture than just him--she could put her finger right on him. I'm thinking this is pretty good for a 13 month old!

When she was really tiny and fussy, I would carry her through the hall and stop at the pictures and tell her about Jesus and point to him. I had an idea at the time that she knew all about him and remembered him even better than I did. It's funny but I haven't done that with her for a long time so I was surprised yesterday when she just came out with it so clearly. Guess my first impression was right. She has come so recently from him she remembers.





2 comments:

Shelli Sivert said...

That is so sweet! They really do take in the things we teach them. Especially when it comes to Jesus--like you say, so close to their memories. Shelli

Stephanie said...

How precious!