Thursday, May 22, 2008

THURSDAY THIRTEEN



Thirteen Things About My Name

1. I'm the only one in my family not named after someone.

2. I once got in trouble for changing the way I spelled my first name.

3. My parents gave each of us names with 5 letters in the first name and four letters in the middle name.

4. My grandpa sat me on his lap and told me to always remember who I am, where my name came from and who I represent. I think that helped keep me out of trouble.

5. I never really liked my first name. I just didn't feel like it fit me or like it was cool.

6. I thought I should have been named Kathy instead and that was one of the names my parents considered.

7. I don't like the name "Kathy" anymore either--not so much.

8. I kind of wish I had been named after someone.

9. I do think my first and middle name go together nicely.

10. I looked my name up on Google and there are actually lots of me. (and I've accomplished some pretty remarkable things! :)

11. There weren't very many kids with my same name while I was growing up. Maybe that is one of the reasons I never thought it was cool.

12. My grandma gave me the nickname Nancypancy. So I guess she's responsible for the name of my blog. Her name was Nellie so I called her Nellybelly in return.

13. I've decided now it's okay to be named Nancy.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Miss NANCY (which is a FINE name, by the way)-- I always wished I had a different name when I was growing up, too! I wanted to be Daphne, like the pretty girl on Scooby Doo! Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate it! Have a blessed day.

stellaluminosa said...

CIAO SHARON.I don't speake Inglish
very well . Your beautiful family
A wish and a greeting

Io ho una figlia e due meravigliosi nipoti .ELEN.DAVID
bye

STELLALUMINOSA

pussreboots said...

I wasn't fond of my name either when I was younger but I've gotten used to it now. Happy TT.

Barbara said...

Growing up I always thought I should have been a Rebecca or a Rachel. Kinda silly thinking back on it.

My biggest gripe is that I don't like dimunitive forms of my name at all, and it's hard to get people not to call me "Barb".

Danica Favorite said...

Sorry to be so late in stopping by. I love this blog! I, too, have had name issues, including changing the spelling of my name for about a year in middle school. It did NOT sit well with my parents. :)