Saturday, February 9, 2008

Nervous Nelly

I had the best idea for a post today but here it is nearly midnight and I'm just getting started. My 27 year old mind wants to but my 47 year old body is just saying "NO". This is where the mind gets frustrated because you see the body has total control. It's true. It's not like the mind can just get up and walk off on its own and do whatever it wants. If the body gets in bed the mind has to lay there whether it wants to or not. (Don't pay too much attention to the whining-tonight it wants to just lay there and go into deep hibernation.) I spent all day with the Honeymooners. To you older folks - you'll know who I mean - yes, Ralph and Alice--and the funny thing is they aren't even married yet but they are acting just like the Kramdens. Wow.

We did make progress today. I had custody of the lovebirds from about noon until 7:30 p.m. and we got the cake ordered, arranged for the bride's dress to be ironed, got the bridal portraits arranged with our wonderful and brilliant photographer (how was that Lori? - good plug, eh?), arranged for D2's hair to be done for the bridal portraits, bought a beautiful tiara for her to wear with her veil, found and bought the pattern and material for the bridesmaid's skirts and ordered the wedding flowers--oh yeah, and took a couple of time outs for D2 and fiance boy (he's actually a really great guy-I just haven't thought of a good pseudo-name for him yet) to have a couple of tiffs --to which I played junior psychologist. It's all good though--that only cost us and extra hour or so. Ralph and Alice have now made up and I am exhausted! My brain loses - my body wins and I get to sleep.

It seems the closer you get to a wedding the shorter everyone's nerves get. There should be a nerve bank somewhere. That's a good idea don't you think? Someone could make good money loaning nerves to people when they are short on them. I know lots of people who could use more nerve.

Come to think of it, I've met quite a few people who have a lot of nerve. What if we just ran a nerve exchange. Then again--that might be difficult--you'd probably have to force the people with a lot of nerve to give to those without much nerve. Of course, doing that would take a lot of nerve. I'm going to have to think about that for awhile--it's all kind of nerve-racking!

By the way--what does this have to do with weddings anyway. . ?

No comments: