Sunday, February 24, 2008

I Only Thought I Was In Charge . . .

I had big ideas about changing this little one's schedule. I thought "no problem" that she's not sleeping through the night. Once I get her home and things normalize a bit, I'll just keep her awake most of the day and then she'll sleep most of the night. Ha, Ha, Ha! I'm so funny and so naive. I actually believed I was in charge. Silly me!

Apparently everyone who has ever had a baby in their home knows the baby is in charge. Have you ever tried to wake a deeply sleeping baby? Well, fyi, this one is having none of it, thank you very much. She's tired and she's going to sleep until she's done. Plus, funny thing--when you've been woken up several times in the night for feedings all of the sudden you don't mind the baby sleeping during the day so you can nap, too. It becomes this defeating cycle you can't seem to get out of and there seems no way to actually change the schedule in the end. What was I thinking? Oh yeah, I was thinking I was in charge . . . I've got to stop doing that!

p.s. Did I mention I love her to pieces?!

No comments: