Thursday, May 15, 2014

TIRED MOMMY BRAIN

Today was my lucky day. The kids have a crazy schedule for the next couple of weeks with school ending and I was pretty sure I had it all down correctly. Though, I was wrong and didn't know it. I'd even gone over it with Rob last night to make sure we knew what was happening when but that didn't make me any righter! I thought Carly had her first piano recital tomorrow (Friday) evening at 6:00. I had invited Grandma and Grandpa and her sister Megan. Then this late this afternoon, just by happenstance, I had a short email exchange with her piano teacher that had nothing to do with her piano lessons or the recital. At the end of our correspondence she said she would see me at the recital this evening. I had a huge moment of panic! I wasn't at home at the time but ran home to check the flier. Sure enough, I'd gotten it wrong! Gah!

Luckily, I'd had Carly do her full practice time this morning and luckily, I hadn't already missed the recital! I quickly got ahold of Rob and Megan and let them know of the change. I told Grandma and Grandpa I would tape it for them as I didn't them to have to hurriedly get ready. I felt so stupid but mostly I just felt grateful I found out about it in time to get her there for it. I could have so easily made her miss the entire thing. I feel like I've been doing a lot of stuff this lately. I'm going to call it #tiredmommybrain!

Carly did a great job. I was most proud of her when she stood up and introduced herself and her piece to a roomful of mostly strangers. That could be very intimidating to a little six year old. She was very brave and made me very proud! Love my little girl so much!

No comments: