Monday, March 17, 2014

BEDTIME TEARS

I had two very sad kids at bedtime tonight. Grandma is leaving in the morning for a few days to go and see her sister Kaye and they are not used to not having Grandma here. I told them to give her lots of hugs and kisses before bed and they could do the same in the morning before she leaves. That didn't stop the bedtime tears. They sure do love their Grandma. I LOVE that they have such a close relationship with their Grandma and Grandpa. That was one of the great joys of not only my childhood but my life was the closeness I felt to my grandparents. They weren't just my grandparents--as I got older they really were my friends, too. I'm so glad my kids have them--and are attached.

I'm also glad my mom can get away for a few days to see her sister. We will take good care of Grandpa. We love you Aunt Kaye! Have fun you two and don't do anything we wouldn't do! Be safe Grandma! LOVE YOU!!

No comments: