Monday, June 4, 2012

IS IT LIVE OR IS IT MEMOREX?

Julie and I are sitting here with the kids watching Despicable Me. Jonathon just started saying the lines along with the characters--I mean--as they were saying them--not after--but right with them. He has memorized some of the funny lines. He was even saying them with the right inflection. Julie and I just looked at each other and laughed. He's not even three yet! No way! Kids are so smart these days. I think I was a pretty smart kid--but I had nothing on the kids these days.

This afternoon Carly was going outside and she stopped halfway out the door and said, "Mom, I'll be out back if anyone needs me." REALLY? I mean, you're four. I know you're going out back to play--just who is it you think is going to NEED you? It's a bit early for a social calendar! Lol!  (At least I hope it is!)

Wow, we are having a heat wave. Rob said on his way home this afternoon he noticed it was over 100 degrees about 15 miles from here. It's 11:00 p.m. now and it's still 86 degrees. In fact, the kids would only stay out and play about 15 minutes at a time. Even then, when they came in they were really flushed. (You know it's bad when kids won't stay outside!) I sure hope we get some relief soon.


No comments: