Sunday, September 25, 2011

BIKING WITH GRANDPA AND JONO

Dad has been up and around the last couple of days trying to keep himself limber. Last night he was riding his exercise bike and today he did some laps (walking) but with something to help steady him and Mom tagged along too just in case. Last night while he was riding his bike Jono decided he needed to sit on Grandpa's lap. He started climbing up and I was telling him "NO!" but Grandpa said; "Let him come." I guess riding the bike together is something they do pretty frequently. So, I let him climb up and ride with Grandpa. This little boy sure loves his Grandpa! I took some pictures. I actually took several because I was trying to get a picture of Jono just smiling normally or even laughing with Grandpa but everytime he sees the camera he CHEESES it. By "cheeses" I mean he flashes a smile so big for the camera his eyes disappear and his whole face scrunches up. I have learned not to say "Smile Jono" but he just naturally does it whenever a camera is aimed at him. You will see I had a hard time catching a normal smile. I pretended I didn't have the camera and would get it all ready and then when he wasn't looking I would aim and then make a loud noise or say something so he'd look and just catch him completely unaware. You will see some results were better than others. At least Grandpa and Grandma both were getting a kick out of it, though. At one point, Jono stole Grandpa's phone (something he delights in doing.) Mean Mommy made him give it back. He started to squirm at another point and Grandpa told me to put him up on his shoulders. I was horrified at the suggestion and told Grandpa "No way!, that will hurt you!" To my surprise, Grandpa told me his shoulders were the strongest part of his body. Hmmm. I still haven't gotten to the bottom of that one. I'm thinking as long as he doesn't have to move them they are strong and don't cause him pain but I never would have guessed he could have a toddler squirming on them and not be in pain. Anyway, I finally did as he asked and put Jono up there. Grandpa and I found a new way to control him. If he's not good we threaten to put him on Grandpa's shoulders. He didn't like that at all. He didn't have control! Lol! Well, that's a lot for one post. I'm just so grateful my kids get to experience their grandparents. Times spent with my grandparents are some of the best memories I have of my childhood and I want it to be the same for them. Well, here's Grandpa and my little Cheeser. Enjoy! (Warning: These were taken with my phone camera--so they are not the best quality--but they get the point across.)
HOW'S THIS MOM?
IS THIS BETTER?
ARE YOU STILL TAKING PICTURES?
MAMA STOP ALREADY!
GRANDPA, IS SHE STILL THERE?
O.K. MOM, TAKE THIS OR LEAVE IT!
HEY GRANDPA, WHO SHOULD WE CALL?
I DON'T WANT TO GIVE IT BACK MOM! NO FAIR!!
HEY, HOW DID I GET UP HERE?
WILL SOMEONE PLEASE GET ME DOWN!

No comments: