Monday, April 26, 2010

MY PRECOCIOUS LITTLE TWO YEAR OLD

We have a glass coffee table that gets lots of little finger prints all over it. I had just finished cleaning it when some little hands found their way back onto the table top. I asked Miss Carly to please remove her hands because I wanted the table to stay clean and I re-cleaned where she had just put her hands. As soon as I did that she put her hands back down and continued moving them all over the table. I repeatedly asked her to stop putting them on the table but she clearly did not want to do what I was asking. I even demanded that she stop it a couple of times in a really firm voice. She ignored me. Finally, I told her to stop putting her hands on the table or I would swat her bum! To my surprise she stopped immediately and I took advantage of the moment and began cleaning her hand marks off the table. I hadn't gotten very far when she returned with one of her dollies; picked up the dolly's hand and placed the dolly's hand on the table! Can you spell B-R-I-G-H-T, D-E-F-I-A-N-T, T-W-O- Y-E-A-R O-L-D? Yah, we're in for a bit of a turbulent ride for the next couple of years. I always heard the terrible two's but now people are telling me that two is nothing compared to three. Thanks a lot!

To finish off the story, though--I didn't let that dolly get the best of me. After the dolly's hand touched the table, Carly went and laid her down on the floor. I went over and picked the dolly up, swatted her rear-end and said, "No, No! Dolly! Don't touch the table with your hands! I want it to stay clean!" I decided not to look at Carly's face for a reaction but I'm pretty sure she got the point! She didn't try touching the table after that. Um, Carly--not the doll . . .

No comments: