Tuesday, February 9, 2010

RAISE YOUR HAND IF YOU'RE IN YOUR P.J.'S

It's 11:35 p.m. and I'm in my pajamas. Sound normal to you? Yah, it does to me, too. Problem is, I never got out of my P.J.'s today. I'm claiming total wipeout. My baby boy has been keeping me up until the very wee hours of the morning and the worst part is I don't even think he feels bad about it! At least he had the decency to nap with me most of the day. He's a pretty good boy that way.

I couldn't even drag myself out of bed as long as the kids were napping. I figured I could just nap right along with them and so, I did. It might sound lazy but it sure felt good. I got absolutely nothing accomplished today other than taking care of kids and catching some stolen Zzzzzzz's but it was so worth it.

Mom and I tried to bring Dad upstairs for dinner tonight and had chair failure. Couldn't figure out what had gone wrong until I talked with hubby on the phone. Seems we had been given some misinformation about the battery staying charged without it being plugged in. Um, er -- it doesn't, at least not for very long. So, Dad and Mom had dinner together downstairs tonight and we plugged the chair in to charge. Won't make that mistake again. Checked it just before starting to write this and it is all re-charged so he should be able to go up and down all he wants tomorrow.

I told him I think we need to get him out of the house tomorrow for a drive. It's been almost a month since he's been outside. I think that is way too long. We have an appointment with the surgeon's office on Thursday but I still think just a leisurely drive would be a nice thing for him. He has always loved to just go for drives and look at the scenery. So, if we can get him out of the house tomorrow, I think we will do that.

We are 16 days now from Dad's surgery. All the prayers you can send Heavenward for him to stay healthy and be prepared for it, to come through it and heal quickly and to regain his strength and ability to walk would be wonderful. Please spread the word. We love you all. Nancy

No comments: