Saturday, February 6, 2010

GRANDPA'S NEW RIDE

Wonderful News! Grandpa has risen from the basement! I am so excited. He has been down there for more than a month with only a couple of exceptions which took some major assistance and near extreme measures to get him out. Well, tonight, thanks to my brother-in-law Russ, Grandpa has a new ride. Grandpa and Grandma bought a stairlift and Russ came and installed it for them. Rob was planning to install it but it came on a day when he had to be gone. So THANK YOU RUSSELL!

Now Grandpa can be a part of the regular flow of our home again. He can eat meals with the family and be part of the conversation and see what is going on in the house. I don't know how he has handled being down there so long and not getting totally depressed. I mean, he has everything he needs down there--except people and the main hub of the house. I'm just so happy that we can move him about more easily now and I know he feels more freedom now, too.

So, take a look at his new ride. Keeping Carly off this should be fun! (Yikes!) Here he is in all his glory! Yay!



No comments: