Monday, February 8, 2010

MY SCREAMING MIMI

I took Carly to the doctor today to have her ears checked. She has been walking around tugging on them for the last couple of days. Sure enough, she has an ear infection. More antibiotics. The thing that struck me about the doctor appointment though was how it took me back in time. The moment the doctor came toward Carly with her stethescope, she began to scream. She listened to her heart and then wanted to listen to her back. I don't know how she was hearing anything at all because Carly was screaming and crying at the top of her lungs. As soon as the doc wanted to listen to her back Carly turned around and clung on to me for dear life and screamed and cried even louder if that's possible. I couldn't get her to calm down.

It took me back in time to when my sister Sarah had to get her vaccinations for school. Oh my goodness, talk about a screamer! It was at Dr. Johnson's office and I remember being shocked by how upset she got and no one could calm her down. She cried and screamed bloody murder. Well, I now have a child to rival her Aunt Sarah. And that's saying something! Holy Crap! I can't wait until it actually is a shot they are giving her (tongue in cheek). That should be some fun! All the doc wanted to do today was look in her ear and at her throat and she just plain lost it!

Hopefully,the antibiotic will start to kick in really quickly and we will have a happy camper again soon. It sure is interesting to watch our babies personalities come alive. Some days the nature vs. nurture argument doesn't even apply and you realize they just plain come the way they are and as who they are. Cute little stinkers! Gotta love 'em!

No comments: