Sunday, February 14, 2010

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

We had a lovely Valentine's Day! Went to church this morning. Julie had a talk and she did a great job. We came home and napped awhile and then had a great big dinner. Uncle Steve came over and so did Megan. We had barbecued spare ribs (done in the crockpot), rice, homemade rolls, mixed green salad, and homemade frosted brownies for dessert. It was very yummy. Grandpa even came upstairs for dinner. Then we watched the Winter Olympics on TV and just chatted until we were all tired.

It was a pretty good Sunday, I'd say. Nothing much to report except that my baby girl turns 2 tomorrow. Technically, she turns two at 4:44 a.m. but hopefully none of us will witness that time of day. I really cannot believe how big she has gotten so fast. It doesn't seem possible that she can really be two years old already. Although, I have decided that either the terrible twos are REALLY TERRIBLE or my two year old has already gotten her share of teenage female hormones. Oh my goodness, she is like a really loud faucet! If you even look at her wrong, let alone tell her "NO", she wails like the biggest drama queen you have ever seen. And she does it so loud you can't even try to reason with her. I've learned to carefully negotiate around it--though it's probably going to only get me in more trouble eventually. I just hold up a piece of candy or a gummy bear or something I know she wants and the tears and wailing stop immediately. I can then talk to her about what is wrong and she is immediately all smiles again anyway just because of the candy. Tell me former mom's of two year olds--how long does this go on? Does it ever end? Or is it all drama from here on out?

Well, here's to my little adorable, emotional, dramatic and lovable two year old and hoping the happy moments outweigh the emotionally charged ones! I absolutely love her to pieces and am so grateful to have her in my life. What a catch! Happy Birthday baby girl! You are growing up way too fast. Love you.

No comments: