Wednesday, April 1, 2009

PLAYING OUTSIDE . . . NOT SO MUCH, MOM!

So the other day when it was nice and sunny, I thought, "I've never taken Carly outside to play in the yard." I mean, she's always been too little or it's been bad weather. So, I got her all ready and we went out into the front yard. Julie came with us and we sat down on the front lawn. I had Carly on my lap at first but then I started to put stand her on the lawn and she went nuts. She pulled her feet up and started moaning and crying and acting like she was going to have a K'niption fit. So, I held her for a few more minutes--then tried again. This time I actually got her tennis shoes on the lawn before she realized it--but up they came just as fast. She wasn't having any of it. It was like she was allergic to the grass--or worse yet, scared of it.

Then, I remembered the Christmas tree--almost four months earlier. She had the same reaction to the tree. She was fine to look at it. She loved the lights on it, but if you got her within 6 inches of it she came unglued. If you tried to make her touch it she'd freak! It wasn't even a real tree. So, she can't be scared of things that are growing. Maybe she doesn't like green things or pokey things. I haven't figured this one out yet. But, it for sure limits the time we will spend playing outside--at least for awhile. Oh well, I tried. I was all excited to see her run and play in the grass too. Darn.

No comments: