Wednesday, April 22, 2009

GROWING DANDELIONS

So, instead of a lawn this year Rob and I have decided to just grow dandelions and weeds. It seems much simpler. It's way low maintenance and it's really colorful! I mean, why purchase all kinds of garden flowers when those beautiful dandelions don't cost you a penny? (Well, they cost you a penny didn't they Dad? A pretty one! Hee hee! Sorry private joke!) Maybe someday I'll explain.

Actually, all this lawn talk is tongue in cheek. We are so frustrated with our lawn. Rob put a weed and feed on it two weeks ago and it did nothing--that is unless it is supposed to feed and increase the weeds!

We've scheduled someone to come look at it a couple of times now and he hasn't shown up. We have him scheduled again for later this week and if he doesn't show this time we will call someone else for sure. Anyway, we thought we had a fungus or something at first and now we think it may be the ph level in the water. Whatever it is the lawn is a mess and I'm sure our neighbors are going nuts.

So, just in case anyone says anything to me before we can get it fixed--I'm getting my comebacks ready. How's this one: Oh, I've loved dandelions ever since I was a little girl. Aren't they beautiful? It took me the whole month to plant this many plants in the yard--but aren't they gorgeous? I just love how colorful the yard is!So many blooms--I really got my money's worth!

No comments: