Thursday, April 30, 2009

What A Day! What A Little Girl!

It's late! I've been going over a resume for a friend and I'm very tired. I have no idea what will come out of my mouth on here. Guess it will be a surprise to all of us!

Carly said her own name for the first time yesterday and she said it several times so it wasn't just gas--or a fluke or something like that. She really said it! She is like a one woman destruction team these days. Seriously, those little legs run fast and far and she goes from one thing to another tearing things up as fast as she can. What's surprising to me is the things she chooses to get into--like she will take the lid off her diaper pail and carry it around. We catch her immediatley but she's already gotten several feet with it by the time we get her. So has the stench, mind you. But even though it's right in her face she doesn't seem to notice. Yes, we empty it often--but we empty her often too--and it's just not pretty! Whew! Somedays, she just takes off with the lid and plays keep away from us. On those days it's easier to set the diaper pail outside the kitchen door for a few seconds until you catch her. She thinks she's so darned funny, too!

I think I already told you about the TV didn't I? Off, On, OfF, On, Off, On. It's getting incessent. We just have to pick her up and hold onto her now that is if we can catch her. She does everything for a reaction and then when you react she laughs and runs from you! Yes, I've tried not reacting. She just keeps doing it until you do react.
(Well, I don't want her to break the On/Off button!)

She's been giving Julie a run for her money, too. She turns off the computer Julie uses right as Julie is about to save or print something. It has a button at the bottom she can reach and it just shuts it right down. She's done it to Megan and to me a couple of times, too when we've been on it. Very frustrating--but again for the reaction. Then the other day I was on another computer and the hard drive with the on/off button was behind a door on the desk and I didn't even know she knew where it was. Sure enough I am just starting to print something off and she comes in, opens the door on the desk, leans down and pushes the off button. I didn't even know she had come in the room. Her Daddy was watching her (supposedly). Luckily--for him--this computer had a protect mode and didn't shut off. This little girl has BIG plans in her brain all the time! Oh my goodness!

Well, that's enough stories for tonight. I'm exhausted. Gee, I wonder why?!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Does "I told you so" ring a bell! Enjoy the best is yet to come!