Saturday, February 14, 2009

YA KNOW HE'S PROBABLY RIGHT

Rob and I went out for a Valentine's Day lunch today and to do a bunch of running around for Carly's birthday party tomorrow. She has a whole bunch of friends!
I know, I know she's only one. She'll never remember this birthday so why all the bother?! But she will have fun tomorrow and she WILL have the pictures to show her she had a one year old birthday party and a Mommy and Daddy who loved her enough to throw her one!

I know, you are going to say the birthday party is for the mom--not the baby. I disagree, it's for both of us. It will make us both happy--and we will both have the good memories. Mine from being there and watching her have fun and hers, from pictures hearing me telling her all about it. **Good idea. I'd better write it down as it happens. I am getting up there. Also, good seguay to the next part of my story.

So anyway, as Rob and I were heading home from all of our adventures he suddenly starts laughing. I look around and can't figure out what's so funny. I hadn't said anything recently so it wasn't me. I said, "What is so darn funny?" He says, "Did you see that sign at that restaurant back there advertising 'Kids Eat for Free'?"
Do you realize in a few years, we are going to be eligle for the Senior Citizen discount and our kids are going to eat for free"?

Hmmm. He had me there. That was funny. You see, I decided a short while ago to stop getting defensive about the facts. So, we both laughed all the way home.

P.S. I love my husband so much. He's the best Valentine's Day present ever!

1 comment:

Shelli Sivert said...

That's funny! My husband always brings up those kinds of things, too, that I just have to laugh at. By the way, thanks for the cute Valentine's Day e-card. That was sweet. Hope your Valentine's Day was sweet! Shelli