Monday, February 23, 2009

Baby Texter on the Loose!

Ye-Gads! I am going to be in trouble with my teenager. We won't let her have a cell phone. That's right-no texting for her, no competing with the cell phone at the dinner table or during conversation. No loud music coming from the dumb thing--you get the picture. So, why all of the sudden do I have a baby texting my friends and family? That's right and playing all the ring tones she can find, and calling my friends early in the morning and at later hours than she should. She has two, count them 1, 2 play cell phones that are as cute as can be--but no, she steals mine every chance she gets. I don't know how she does it but at first she would just hit buttons until she found my speed dial buttons and accidentally call someone--now, she has found her way into the texting system and has been creating actual messages. If you just keep hitting buttons it will put words in for you.

She wrote a message tonight that convinced my sister I had sent her a real note about something I thought we should do. She was just waiting for the rest of the message to come through and texted me back when it didn't. That's how I found out Carly had been texting. I used to be able to just let her play with it without any harm--but all of the sudden she's filling up my schedule and making herself play dates! If this keeps up Julie is going to insist on equal time texting on my phone. I gotta get this under control! In the meantime, if you get a call or a text from me that doesn't quite make sense--consider a smaller source . . .

No comments: