Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Musik Garten

Today Carly and I went to Musik Garten for the first time. My little protege turned into a shy little baby, though. I was really surprised at her reaction. She didn't dance a muscle. She didn't act like she had ever heard music before or heard people singing. She wanted no part of dancing. I had to hold her to dance around with her while the other toddlers would at least hold their mommy's hands and walk or dance. No way would she do that--major shy. And when the maraccas and drumsticks were handed out for a song or two--she would not give them back without a fight. Hmmm.
(So much for the shyness--at least for that moment.) So, they let her hang onto them. She was afterall the youngest and newest child there and they said it takes a few visits until each kid gets comfortable and catches on to the routine.

It does seem like it will be a fun class for her to take. Did I mention that when I put her coat on her to leave and walked out the door she threw a fit and cried all the way home. That's not something she does. She did not want to leave. I guess that was my best sign that she did have a good time at Music Garten. Guess we'll be going back for more maracca fun!

No comments: