Monday, February 9, 2009

THE FAST FAMILY

Tonight we were fast. We went Go-Kart racing on an indoor race track and we had a great time. It was really fun and I found I became strangely competitive. I'm fairly competitive anyway--but I got really competitive with Rob. I knew my husband would be faster than I was especially since he'd done this type of activity before. Not only that, but he's good at stuff like this. Anyway, he got a lap or two ahead of me on several of our races but finally when I was getting in the swing of it he came around and tried to lap me the second time and something fierce kicked in and my whole being just said "NO WAY BUDDY." I sped up and rounded those turns almost like a pro and he couldn't get by me no matter how hard he tried. Pretty soon the checkered flag came out and we finished our laps. Now mind you, I didn't win the race, Rob did, but he never got that second lap on me. That's what I'm talking about.

Julie was really fast, too. I should mention here as the mother of a soon to be teenage driver how frightened I am to put her on the road after tonight?!(Although, she did improve with time.) Still, we had great fun and it definitely ranks high on the list of fun things to do with the family.

I would have taken pictures but the helmet hair just made it a poor choice all the way around. :)