Friday, October 24, 2008

The Terrible, Awful, Very Bad Diaper Malfunction

My poor Carly has had a round of diarrea for several days. I've taken her to the doctor and we are feeding her the BRAT diet and doing all kinds of things to help make it better. I keep thinking when I change her next diaper it's going to be a better. Well, it isn't yet but at least she is feeling better. On to the heart of my story . . . or should I say "end" of my story . . .

This morning I went to change her diaper and I undid one of the tabs and went to pull it across and fasten it and it didn't stick very well so I just pressed harder and thought I'd taken care of it. I then fed Carly and we played and sang and finally I knew she had gone poo so I went to change her diaper again. However, I realized I had left her medicine in the other room so I picked her up and carried her with me to get it. No big deal, right? Wrong! About half way there I felt something on the hand I was holding her bottom with. My hand had something wet on it and sure enough it was poo. "Crap, I thought she pooped so much, the diaper is full and leaking." No pun intended. So, I hurried back and put her on my bed to change her and realized she was leaking diareaa because the diaper tab had come undone. It was a serious leak, too. My baby had pooped all over kingdom come! Hang on, it gets better.

I realize I have a problem at this point so I am trying to keep her still enough to clean her up--but no, she wants to crawl away from me and is getting the poo on other things. I don't realize, however, that I am also covered in poo. I guess when I picked her up to carry her to go get the medicine the diaper was already undone and my shirt and pants were covered. I have now gotten it on the covers and sheets where my shirt and pants touched when I leaned over to diaper her and she has gotten it everywhere else. And all I could think was Holy Crap how did this happen?! And, talk about a wardrobe malfunction! Let me tell you this was a ton smellier.

No comments: