Friday, October 17, 2008

CRAZY MULTI-TASKING MAMMA!

It's too bad you can't see me right now. You would laugh hard! And no, I won't take a picture for you and post it. That's the joy of being the author of this blog! Control! Hee. Hee. Anyway, I am the Queen of multi-tasking and the reason you would laugh is I am in my glory at the moment. Let me give you a description:

Some of you will not be surprised at all by this scene. I am sitting cross-legged on my bed surrounded by opened bills and papers, my checkbook, my cellphone (which I just answered while I was typing this message to have a conversation with one of my daughters.) It's late and she called to check in and let me know she was on her way home. Yeah! Anyway-on with my multi-tasking show . . . I obviously have my laptop open and before I began doing my blog I was working on some emails, researching some flights, checking a few websites for information all while while listening to a book on tape (yes, I did say "tape.) It's a really good book and the library didn't have the book on the shelf but did have it on tape so I figured "what the "hey." I had an old beat up boom box that has a tape player on it that I've almost given to D.I. or thrown in the trash a half a dozen times -- you know the ones that came out before they'd even thought of CD's. While I'm listening I'm also writing out checks to pay bills and I just love it that my cell phone doubles as a calculator!

Of course, occasionally I do have to turn on the television to see what new election assault is being made on voters by the liberal press and their hired guns. Yes, I do this even while I'm listening to my book on tape. Isn't that what the mute button and the closed captions on the TV are for? Hey, it works for me!

Well, it's been a long day and for some reason I can't quite figure out my brain is fried! I'm exhausted. I'd better go check on my cute, sleeping baby!

No comments: