Tuesday, October 21, 2008

JUST CALL ME PART OF THE QUOTA

I am so mad! It took me all day to get to the point where I could run a few errands today and so I finally got in my car about 3:40 p.m. and started running them. I headed for a fabric store to find some fabric markers to try to fix a brand new blouse I bought my daughter that she got some bleach on. I'm just driving along when all of the sudden I make a right turn and I notice police lights in my rear view mirror. I'm shocked! It's a motor cycle cop and I cannot imagine what I've done. He pulls me over. I roll down my window and I say (in my most genteel voice)--just kidding, I don't have a genteel voice -- "What in the world have I done?" He says, "School Zone." Holy Crap! (O.K., I did have the presence of mind not to say that out loud.) The thing really frustrated me was that I wasn't speeding! I was going a normal speed. I didn't see him. I didn't see a flashing school zone light. Aaarrghhh!

Apparently, it was just before 4:00 p.m. and the school zone ends at 4:00 p.m. He clocked me at 34 miles an hour in a 35 mile an hour zone--THAT IS UNLESS IT IS DURING THE SCHOOL ZONE HOURS--at which time it becomes a 20 mph zone. Then he asked me for my proof of insurance card which I'm always careful to put in my glove compartment--that is until the last time it came when it got lost and I searched everywhere for it and couldn't find it. I even wrote myself a note to call my insurance agent to have him send me a new one. Apparently the note got lost. Anyway, I still had the one from the previous time in there--but motorcycle cop wouldn't accept it even though it's the exact same policy. He says I can get a letter from the insurance company and the judge will drop the charge. Hey, motorcycle cop--good to know. I was not in a good mood by the time I got to the fabric store--even though MC did lower the ticket to five miles over the speed limit. I guess I have to give him credit for that. When I talked to hubby and told him about it and where I was when I got the ticket hubby told me that motorcycle cop sits in the church parking lot right by the turn I made waiting for people to go to fast in that zone. I hate speed traps and quotas. I'm not saying I'm never a lead foot--but by darn get me when I'm really being outlandish somewhere. There were not even any children to be seen.

Yes, it was my fault. I should have realized it was a school zone but I guess the bottom line is right now I just want to be mad. I think he could have given me a warning since there were no children in sight and no lights up--but I'm pretty sure it's the last ten days of the month and this guy has a quota to fill.

2 comments:

Cheraee said...

I would be bugged, too.

Nancy said...

Gee, I hope he gets the promotion he obviously needs all these tickets to earn! Glad I could help Occifer! Grrr.