Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Great TP Debate

Maybe it's just me but I think something smells right rank in toilet paper land. Does anyone else think we are getting ripped off by toilet paper manufacturers? I knew it going to happen the first time I laid eyes on a double roll. I thought, "These people are messing with us" and sure enough they were. Soon after the double roll appeared the triple roll debuted. Then for a short while you could hardly find a single roll anywhere. Did you notice that by the time the single roll did appear again, it had gotten quite a bit smaller?

Now even the double has gotten smaller. So has the triple. Amazing. This is exactly what I thought would happen. These TP manufacturers have down-sized TP rolls and upsized the cost. So, now the double rolls are the size the single rolls used to be and the only thing double about them now is what you get to pay at the register! A single roll now is about half of what a single roll used to be but you get to pay full price for it. And with the triple . . . well, you get the point. It makes me really mad when companies do this kind of thing and get away with it, but then they kind of have us over a . . . toilet seat . . . don't they?

No comments: