Thursday, June 6, 2013

RUNNING . . . BUT RUNNIN' ON EMPTY! YIKES!

Today was such a busy day, I've hardly had time to catch my breath. I had an early morning appt. with Jono at his allergist. We got good news there and we are going to cut his meds in half. YAY!! At least we are going to try it and see how he does. We got through the winter so well we are hoping he is getting stronger and will be able to overcome much of what is causing his body to become ill.

Next, I had to run a few errands and hurry home to comb out Carly's hair so we could go have it braided. I took out the beads and twists last night but didn't comb through it. I knew if I did it last night I would have to do it all over again today. If you have never tried to comb through black hair, well, let me tell you--it is not an easy task. It does depend on the texture of hair but Carly's isn't easy to comb through. I washed and conditioned her hair and then it still took me a good 2.5 hours to comb through and detangle it all the way to her scalp so it wouldn't hurt her so much to get it braided. Plus, our braider can go so much faster if I have her hair prepped.

I didn't sleep well (or much) last night so I found myself nearly falling asleep sitting straight up at the braider's today and also during dinner tonight. We got home from getting Carly's hair done and I had to give myself a 15 minute time out just so I could re-focus my brain before I made dinner. I am so tired. Wow.

We had more errands to run after dinner. It has just been one of those non-stop days. Well, better get myself some sleep tonight. Take care.

No comments: