Monday, August 29, 2011

MOMMY REFEREE

I got up this morning and thought I'd quickly run to the store and grab some fruit and a few other items we needed. I thought I could just take Carly and be back before Jonathon woke up. That was before the UPS person rang the doorbell and sounded the dog alarm which, of course, woke him up!

So, I headed to the store with two toddlers in tow. BIG MISTAKE. We barely got in the door and a fight broke out over which kiddie-car cart we were going to use. Turned out Jonathon wanted his own; he wasn't willing to share one with his sister even though the one I picked out had two driver's wheels. He didn't understand that Mommy couldn't drive two carts at once. I had to pick him up and forcibly try to pull him away from the car he was trying to get into and put him in with Carly. There was screaming and crying and all kinds of angst--and that was just my reaction! Kidding. Seriously though, he threw a major fit! MAJOR!

Oh, I was so frustrated and embarrassed. I knew people were thinking "Why can't this lady control her kid?! I finally had to call Rob and he had a "Father/Son chat" with Jono and that straightened him out for the moment. When Rob hung up Jono climbed right in the car with Carly and behaved -- for about twenty minutes. At that point he and Carly got into it and I had to start refereeing again. Somehow he got his seatbelt off and took off down the aisle and it was pretty much all over but the shouting. It was all I could do to get Jonathon, Carly and the cart to the checkout stand before I went into full meltdown stage. While I was paying Jonathon was climbing on top of the car. I thought I would die before I got out of the store.

You would think the day would have only gotten better from there, but no, that was just the beginning to a day of bad moods, big fights, raucous behavior and lots of Mommy refereeing! Gah! This Mommy needs a day off! Lol!

No comments: