Friday, August 19, 2011

I GOT SOMETHIN' TO SAY!

I was in my bedroom yesterday getting ready for my physical therapy appointment when Carly came in and with a really serious face said: "Momma, I got somethin' to say." I would have love to have seen the look on my face because that phrase coming from my three and a half year old's mouth took me by surprise. Since she looked really serious, I decided to follow suit. Equally seriously, I said, "O.K. honey, what is it?" At that moment she turned into the child I know again. She blurted out with tears attached, "Mommy I don't want you to go!" Yep, that's my little drama queen!
I told her I had to if I wanted to get my shoulder well and she continued to cry and beg me not to go. Finally, I offered a compromise. I suggested maybe she could go play at a friend's house while I was gone. Funny how fast those tears dried. Amazing.

My Girly Girl: The vocabulary is big, the drama is bigger, and the LOVE is HUGE!


No comments: