Saturday, August 13, 2011

DO SOMETHING FUN

All day everyday I am barraged with requests to "do something fun." So today we actually planned something. We decided to either go bowling or play mini-golf tonight as a family.

After naps, Rob, Julie and I took the little ones and went out to eat and then headed to a Fun Center. We were almost there when I had this wild hare. You see none of us over the age of 16 were really feeling "it" by the time it came to ante up on our promise. We just weren't in the mood to go swing a club or throw a heavy ball but we knew we had to come through with some fun. My wild hare was more of an alternate idea. I said, "Hey, would you guys rather miniature golf or go play on some fun stuff at a park? The answer was immediate--"A park! A park!" (Yay for us old fogies. Yes, I'm including you Julie!) We were off the hook! Rob quickly found a park with a really cool jungle gym and other kids their age to play with. BONUS!

It was a really nice, cool evening. We sat on a bench nearby and watched as the kids played their hearts out! How about that for something fun!

No comments: