Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A LITTLE CATCHING UP

Julie and Rob both worked all day today. So, the kids and I hung out with Grandma and Grandpa. It was too hot to venture outside for anything unless you absolutely had to. Grandma did late in the day and she said the thermometer read 95 degrees. Heat wipes me out so I kept the kids busy inside most of the day. When it cooled down this evening they went out and played on the swingset and ran around in the yard awhile.

The most energetic we got all day was when Mom and I got on a cooking binge. We have been wanting to do freezer meals for awhile. There is a fad going around where groups get together or even just a Mom or two cook meals together to cook enough meals to have a months worth of meals frozen at a time so you are set for a month. We keep thinking we are going to do that but haven't had the get up and go to get it done. We decided though that we could accomplish something like that if we would just double our recipes. That way we can bake an evening meal and freeze one for another day. So today we both ended up in the kitchen at the same time with the same idea and got two meals in the freezer. We felt pretty darn productive.

Can't remember if I mentioned this or not but Julie goes back to school on Monday. That slid up on us really quickly! I'm going to miss her daily help. Not to mention she now has an after school job. Guess we are going to see a lot less of her. :(

My 3 1/2 year old just moved into size 10 little girls shoes. I think I may be raising BIG FOOT! Although, my parents raised one too. My feet were always big and wide. It was kind of embarrassing. Carly's feet aren't wide but they are long. She is going to be tall like her sisters. She is already well on her way.

Jono is growing like a weed also. He turns two next Wednesday. It's hard to believe. It's all gone so fast. He is such a little cutie--and a little stinker. It's good he has that cutie part down! Hee hee.

Well, better get to bed. Morning comes way too early. :)

No comments: