Thursday, March 31, 2011

A LITTLE LESS RUSHING; A LITTLE MORE READING

I got brave this morning. I belong to an online group of Mom's who have adopted like we have and they meet from time to time to have play-group's for the kids. I've been wanting to take the kids to a play-group for awhile but there haven't been any that were close enough I felt like we could swing it.

This morning I read my email about 10:30 a.m. and noticed they were having a play-group a couple of miles from us just before noon. I decided we had time to make it though I knew it would be a sprint. Sure enough, the minute I started getting the kids ready I hit the resistance--the meltdowns, the tantrums, the "I wanna do this, not this!" I knew that would happen because they usually go down for a nap right after lunch but I wanted to brave it anyway. I soldiered on.

We got there about 25 minutes late and found a family we thought was probably with the group. They were, kind of. Turns out, I had read the email wrong and the play-group is tomorrow. GAH! The family we met couldn't go tomorrow so they decided to take their kids today, luckily for us. So Carly and Jon had fun playing with their kids.

But, I guess we will try it all again tomorrow. Crazy Mama! :/

No comments: