Sunday, March 6, 2011

BEAN FATIGUE

Julie and I have been on a diet for a little over a week now, although it seems like two. Mom refers to it as our "Nuts and Berry's" diet and that really isn't too far from the truth unfortunately. Actually, it's not quite that bad. It's the "Eat to Live" diet. It's mostly fruits and vegetables, a few grains here and there (very few), a few nuts and all the beans you can eat. Lol! You really don't ever have an excuse to be hungry because you can eat all the fruits, veggies and beans you want. It doesn't however, keep you from having an excuse to be cranky!

This past week I have made burgers out of beans and veggies, meatless chil with beans, meatless taco soup with beans, vegan bean dip for veggies, great northern beans and even meatless sloppy joes with beans. I'm not sure I even need to tell you I have BEAN FATIGUE! Crimenently Lizzie! How do you Vegans do it? Gah! There has to be more to life than this--wait, there is more to life than this! I can't wait til I am off this diet! Hopefully, just one more week!

Julie and I talked about taking a one day break today and starting again tomorrow. She was craving Cheetos and I was craving homemade Chocolate Chip cookies--but we talked each other out of it. Probably a good thing. Just a few more pounds to go before I am comfortably at my pre-Thanksgiving weight! Yep, just shedding the five I gained at TG and the five I gained during Christmas! I didn't even try to have willpower this year and now I'm paying for it! Anyone for some Beansketti? Just kidding! Can't have pasta on this diet! Ha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It has been two weeks mom. We started it the sunday before Regions and that was the saturday before last.