Saturday, December 4, 2010

ROAD TRIP UPDATE

The first leg of our road trip today took me back to my childhood in a funny sort of way. Car chatter. So funny.

All those questions: "Are we there yet?, Where are we now?, How much farther?, How many more miles?." All the complaints and whining: "I don't have enough room., I'm hungry-when are we going to stop?, Can I lay down?, I have to potty!, I want to sit in the front--No, I want to sit in the front!" And that was just Dad and Mom --I mean I was driving. I sure hope they settle down tomorrow. Talk about role reversal!

I'M KIDDING! TOTALLY KIDDING!! LOL!!!

Actually, we are having fun together. We made great time today. Dad did pretty well, even though, we know it's probably not very comfortable for him to ride this long so soon after surgery. We did have him get out and stand or walk every time we stopped though. I think that helped some. He's doing his exercises as I write.

We only have 2 hours to go tomorrow to pick Sarah up at the airport and then head to our hotel across the city. More later. :)

1 comment:

only_human said...

Nurse Shocka says good job making Grandpa get out and walk around! A road trip is a great place to develop blood clots but getting out and walking every couple hours is a great way to prevent them!