Saturday, December 18, 2010

MOMMY, IT'S SANTA!

True enough we woke up to about two inches of snow this morning. It was beautiful, too and it wasn't really bad to get around in. It drizzled rain most of the morning and the snow all melted it the streets. We still have some on the ground though and are expecting more of it tonight.

We shopped till we dropped today(almost literally.) Luckily, I think we are finished and just in the St. Nick of time! Now for a few days of wrapping! What were we thinking??! Lol!

We took Carly to see Santa Claus today. I didn't know whether she would sit on his lap or not. We had to stand in line for about 25 minutes and she seemed pretty positive about it the whole time. She told me she wanted to ask him for candy! (Only my kid!) In fact, the only time she seemed to get upset was when I wouldn't let her cut ahead of the families in front of us.

Finally, it got to be her turn. We walked hand in hand toward Santa. She was nervous but she put one foot in front of the other. I lifted her onto his lap and she sat there and quietly answered a couple of questions and then posed for a photo. We really had to coax her to smile for the photographer but she did. Then after he took the shot Santa asked her if he could have a hug and she leaned in and gave him a hug. It was so cute I asked the photographer really quick to snap that one and he did. That's the photo we got! So cute!

I will have to post the photo tomorrow since I haven't had a chance to scan it yet and it's late. Hope you are all done with your shopping! Hee Hee Hee!

No comments: