Sunday, September 5, 2010

WORST MEAL EVER

Rob and I ended up out of town for a second night in a lovely place I now like to call the Bermuda Triangle. Lol! It's a long story but it seems like every time we come here there are problems that suck us in and keep us for longer than we planned.

Anyway, we finally went to get some dinner tonight and one of the only places that seemed decent was a Wingers restaurant. I've never been crazy about their food but figured it would be okay. We went in and seemed to be one of the only couples in the place and it wasn't long until we were the only ones left. It took forever for them to pay any attention to us or take our order. Then, even longer until our meal came. Rob almost had us get up and leave it took so long.

When our food finally came, it was horrible. Rob had ordered soup and a half-sandwich. He was supposed to get a club sandwich and clam chowder. His club sandwich was a couple of thin slices of turkey, a couple of tomatoes and lettuce on two half pieces of normal white bread. (That sounds like a turkey sandwich to me.) His soup was all in a clump in his bowl. There was no soup to it--it was more the consistency of mashed potatoes.

My meal was a Salmon strip with a baked potato and broccoli. Kind of hard to mess that up. Well, not for them. The baked potato was cut in half and had been baked more than once--so much so it was gray inside. It wasn't even warm. I put butter on it and the butter didn't even melt. I took a bite and it tasted old. Ew! The broccoli looked plastic and was cold as well. I could tell the potato and broccoli had been heated in the microwave but had probably been done before they cooked the Salmon. The Salmon didn't have much flavor either, though and was just barely warm. I could only eat a few bites of it and I love Salmon.

Now, I'm not that picky and I don't usually whine about food or restaurants. I can't remember ever telling a waitress the food wasn't good. But this was the worst meal I have ever been served in a restaurant. We both left most of our meal on the table, paid the bill and then told the waiter we weren't happy with the meal. He said he would tell the cook. (Big deal, eh?)

I am just telling you this because if I were you, I would stay away from Wingers! Blech! Bad food, bad service and no service recovery!

No comments: