Sunday, September 12, 2010

MY NOT SO FUNNY DAY

Had a funny story to tell you from church today. It will have to hold for a day or so. I have a not so funny (probably somewhat funny to you)story that happened tonight I'm still frustrated over and I need to vent.

This evening Carly came walking in from the front room to the family room and I heard Grandma ask her why she was so wet. I was in the kitchen so I looked over to see what she had done. Now, this is not an unusual question for any of us to ask her, mind you. She loves to take her sippy cup and when we aren't watching shake it out on her head or clothes. She has even poured someone's regular cup of water on her. She's a crazy 2 year old so not much surprises us. I said not much.

Pretty soon Jonathon rounds the corner and he is wet, too. I asked Carly if she had a cup of water in the front room and she told me she did, so I asked her to bring it to me. I wasn't prepared for what happened next. She went in the front room and came back with an small empty bottle of blessing oil. It's consecrated olive oil for healing the sick. My husband and my cousin had given Julie a blessing about an hour earlier because she has been sick. Apparently, Rob forgot to put away the vial of oil. It probably only had 4 or 6 ounces in it BUT those 4 or 6 ounces were now all over my two kids heads and clothes--OR SO I THOUGHT. And wouldn't you know it, they both had on brand new clothes.

I soaked up what was on their heads (luckily, oil won't hurt their hair) and got them out of their clothes and changed. I put Carly in a time out that actually turned into a nap! Yay! Then I thought I'd better go in the front room and make sure she didn't get any on the carpet. I turned the corner and realized she had missed the carpet BECAUSE she had been on the couch when she poured it on them. Our fairly new couch had several large oil spots on it. We had it stain treated but I'm not sure it was treated for oil!

I called Mom in and we discussed the possibilities and I decided just to try steam cleaning it with the regular carpet/furniture cleaner soap first. That did not work. So, I just looked online and it says that once it's dry to try putting baby powder on the spots to let it soak up the oil and then vacuum it up when it drys. If anyone has any better ideas, please let me know. I am really, really frustrated over this one!

So, when do the terrible two's end? Please be gentle. Don't say three or five. Let it be the last day they are two. Oh please, oh please, oh please!!!

No comments: