Wednesday, March 18, 2015

SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF

I was out running errands with the kids this afternoon and they were both fairly high strung so it was becoming a bit of a chore. As we were finishing, I talked to Rob and he was just leaving work himself, so we divided up parts of dinner each of us would grab on our way home. I got my part done and then decided I needed to make one more quick stop. I pulled in to the grocery store. I ran inside really fast. As I did, I noticed Girl Scouts with signs that said "We take credit, checks and cash!" I managed to force my body past them and get inside the store, grab what I came for and check-out quickly. I headed back out the door only this time the Thin Mints were actually screaming my name! But I ran, I ran as fast as I could in the opposite direction and didn't stop until I was safely locked in my car. I didn't even check the rear view mirror to see if the thin mints were there before I backed up. I could have backed right over them for all I know. (Wow, doesn't a chocolate shake with crunched up thin mint cookies sound good, right now?) You may want to check the Smith's parking lot. I could have easily crushed a box or two right there on the ground. :)

I was seriously so proud of myself for not walking, but running away from the Girl Scout cookie temptation. I usually order 10 boxes of thin mints and this year, I ordered none--and I haven't bought any since either! Yay me! Yes, I was patting myself on the back with one arm when I looked down to see what I had in my other hand. It was a bag of things I'd just purchased from Smiths. OK, they weren't things--to be exact it was $16 and some change worth of mini Hershey chocolate bars. It was a really good sale people! I couldn't pass it up! I'm a serious chocoholic! C'mon! Give me a break! It's not like I'm going to eat it all in one setting or anything like that. Oh, but it's definitely going in mommy and daddy's secret hiding place! Lol!

So much for something to be proud of, eh?

No comments: