Wednesday, April 1, 2015

GRANDMA'S NOT SO GREAT DAY

It turned out to be not so great a day for Grandma. She kinda/sorta tripped over the vacuum and nearly broke her ankle. We spent a little over an hour at the InstaCare and they did X-ray, Thankfully, it doesn't look broken but the doc said there was a lot of blood in it. She has almost a tennis ball sized knot on her ankle. It swelled up really fast when she did it. She has a bad sprain for sure. She is supposed to stay off of it for a few days and baby it. Guess we will see if that happens.

I told Carly as I was putting her to bed that she couldn't ask Grandma to do anything for her, including making her an egg for breakfast in the morning. She gasped and looked at me with a panicked look. I said, "Don't worry, I will make you an egg." She started to tear up and said, "But Mommy, your eggs aren't as good as Grandma's." (Thanks a lot kid!) I kept telling her I would try to do it like Grandma but she wasn't having any of it. I finally quieted her by suggesting I teach her to make her own egg and then she could be mad at herself if she didn't like it. That was an idea she liked!

Well, I will keep you posted on Grandma. Hopefully, she will heal quickly and be back on her feet soon. She has earned a rest but not like this!



No comments: