Sunday, March 1, 2015

SWEET SOUNDS

When I came home from church today Grandma was busily creating in the kitchen. She'd told me yesterday that she wanted to make sweet rolls so I knew she planned to do those and she was working away on them. She also had a yummy meal cooking in the crockpot. But as I was sitting on the couch working on my computer and doing some things with the kids I started hearing something I don't remember hearing before. Grandma was humming a really sweet tune. Well, at first she was humming and then she began softly singing it. I can't even tell you what it was but it made my heart smile to hear it. The kids were busy making noise and the television was on some silly movie or I would have recorded Grandma, for posterity, of course. I didn't let on that I heard her or she would have become self conscious and stopped. It was one of those moments where you just take a picture with your heart and then stop and enjoy the what's occurring. I love my mom so much and feel so blessed to have this time of life we are having together right now. I love that my kids are able to grow up knowing their grandparents so well. Thank you for the sweet sounds today mom--you made my day! Love you!

No comments: