Saturday, December 27, 2014

CHRISTMAS 2014

We had an EPIC fail Christmas morning when it came to electronics! Rob got the video camera all set up for gift opening and went to get a blank tape and realized we didn't have one. I said, "No problem I will tape it on my phone." I got maybe three minutes in when my phone gave me the signal that it was completely full and I'd have to start deleting old pictures if I wanted to tape more or take any new pictures! Gah! I then thought I'd go get the regular camera and found the battery wasn't charged and the charger was nowhere to be found! So, any photos I am eventually able to post here will be thanks to my daughter Megan who (bless her heart) had a working camera on her phone!

Well, none of that stopped us from having a lovely Christmas with our family. Grandma and Grandpa and our little ones and two of our older daughters were able to be with us. We had a great dinner made almost completely by Grandma who cooked her guts out! She made a yummy ham and lots of fixins!

We celebrated Grandma's birthday the Saturday before with all the kids and their families here. Everyone went out to eat and then came back to the house for cake and ice cream and opening gifts. It was fun to have everyone together.

Grandpa has been struggling more lately getting around. His legs aren't working as well and he is having to use a wheelchair more to get around. He is still able to walk a little but his legs have gotten quite a bit weaker and he doesn't always know if they are going to work for him or not. Thankfully, he has a chair lift in the house and we are able to get him most of the way in and out either by wheelchair or chair lift when he needs to go somewhere.

We spent the week before Christmas looking for a new car. Rob has really been wanting to find something with towing capacity. He has been wanting to get a trailer for a long time but we haven't had anything that could tow a trailer. So, since our van was on it's last legs anyway--I finally agreed it was time to look. It took us several days and lots of looking but we found ourselves a Nissan Armada. It isn't brand new but it is still new to us. :) And, I like it. The one problem -- it is bigger than my last vehicle so I am going to have to practice parking it in small parking spaces--well, small to it. Lol.

Well, I hope your Christmas was both Merry and Bright! I will work on finding some pictures I can put up! Take care!

No comments: