Saturday, July 5, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA!

Today my dad turned three quarters of a century old. Now that's a milestone, to say the least. Wow. We celebrated his birthday yesterday on the 4th of July like we always have and let it spill over a bit on today. His sister Sally and her husband flew out to spend his birthday with him. They are continuing on a 2 week vacation through the west now. My sister Sarah and her daughter Caitlin came. Susan wasn't feeling well so she didn't make it. But two of my older daughter's came and we Carly and Jono were here. And the day before another one of my girl's and her husband were here. We've had quite a few people around to help celebrate.

My dad is one of the most decent, humble and kind men I know. He is generous to a fault. You can ask anyone and they will vouch for that. He has always set an example of hard work, honesty, doing what is right, following through on a promise made, having integrity and honor and being a good person. I love my dad with all my heart and I feel so blessed and proud to be his daughter. He is such a good man and I just want the whole world to know that such people do still exist. I LOVE YOU DAD! Thanks for being one of the great ones!


Grandpa with his cake


Grandpa, Sister Sally and Grandaughter Carly
 
My three generation photo- Grandma, me and Jules


Carly, me and Rob


The Women-folk
Megan, Carly, me, Julie, Sally and Grandma


Megan, Caitlin, Julie, Jono and Sarah


Me, Carly and Jono


Sally, Grandpa and Seth


Grandpa with his little sis, Sally


Me with my little sis, Sarah


Grandma with her namesake, Miss Carolyn Alexis (Carly)


My splitters
Carly and Megan -- stretching things out


No comments: