Wednesday, July 21, 2010

TIME OUT

Today, I took Julie to register for school. Eleventh grade. Junior. Wow. It's hitting me. She's really, really growing up. I DON'T LIKE IT. I think I've mentioned this before. Seems like I just got her yesterday. Her dad isn't having near as hard a time with this. He got her as a baby. I didn't. I think that makes it easier for him. I'm forcing myself to come along but it isn't easy.

Carly is big into the word "NO" right now and thus, she is learning all about "time outs!" She doesn't like the time outs at all but she hasn't decided to stop telling Mommy and Daddy "NO" about everything yet. I think it will sink in soon. Hopefully anyway. :}

We had a five minute thunderstorm that was really wild today. It had lightning and hail and everything. It came out of nowhere and Julie and I got caught in it. We made a run for it and got drenched. It was coming down so hard we just sat in the car and waited until it passed to even drive. We need the moisture but it would be nice if it would come in slower, calmer rains. Oh well. We survived and even dried.

Well, that's all the news for the day. Have a good one. N.

No comments: