Wednesday, July 7, 2010

LONG DAY

Grandma and Grandpa started out early today. They took off for their vehicle dealership to have something fixed. I expected them back within an hour or two and we kept waiting and waiting and waiting. It was nearly 3:00 pm before we saw them. Pretty bad when they left here at 9:30 a.m. . I think they got the problem solved but apparently they waited in the waiting room for nearly four hours! Mom said the chairs were really comfortable for the first hour. YeGads! I told her she should have called me and I would have come and picked them up but she said they were fine. I would have gone stir crazy.

Julie and I have been on the "Eat to Live" diet for two days now. It's pretty strict but you are supposed to lose weight quickly. It's actually not supposed to be a diet but a way of life. After 6 weeks you add a few more foods in. Gotta tell ya. I'm not in it for the "Way of Life." I actually had promised myself never to "diet" again but I think there is something to this getting to a certain age and your body starts not to behave. So, I'm having to be a little drastic with it for a week or two to get some results. I only want to lose 1o or 12 lbs and I used to be able to just cut down and exercise more but that's not working for me very well. It's bugging me. In fact the whole gaining 10-12 lbs thing bugs me in the first place. Let's just say I'm Bugged! Basically- Julie and I are eating mostly fruits and veggies for the next little bit. It can get a bit boring but so far so good. It just makes for a really long day.

Now, if I only had enough energy to exercise. They tell me I will get that the second week. Hopefully, I will last that long! :}

No comments: