Monday, July 26, 2010

SO, IT TURNS OUT . . .

I drove about an hour from home today to go to a doctor's appointment and then have lunch with a good friend. Then I headed toward home and planned to meet my parents at a doctor appointment for my Dad. I went straight to where I knew the doctor's office should be (I had been there with my parents a few times before.) and could not find it! I drove around and kept looking thinking I'd made a simple mistake of a street or so. Still, no luck. Finally, I called my mom on her cell phone and got the address. I started climbing my way there. Guess what? It wasn't at that address! True enough. I checked it twice, thrice--drove to the other end of the street just in case I'd mixed up my North and South--(trust me folks, it happens.) Still, no doctor's office.

What in the Sam Hill?! I had already put the address in my GPS and it took me to the non-existent doctor's office address. I was at a loss. I finally tracked down the number for the doctor's office and asked for directions. So far, it sounded like I was on the right track. Yes, I was on Main Street. In what? Uh oh? I remember that, now that you say it . . .

So, it turns out that even a GPS (global positioning system) can't help you if you put the wrong town in the address field. Yep, it's true. I always get the wrong town for this doctor. It's just a few miles North of the one I went to. Ooops! Hate it when that happens. Me and my dad-gummed non-existent sense of direction anyway!
:}

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL