Sunday, November 16, 2008

Perspective Is Everything

I got a phone call today from a close friend who told me another close friend had lost her battle with breast cancer. Again, it is all too sudden. She was doing fine just a few months ago--and hanging in there for what looked like a recovery. I am regretting not taking my own advice of just a few short days ago. I wish I had called her. The truth is I love her and she knows it. I just wish I had told her more recently.

I take comfort from a church leader who spoke at the funeral of another dear friend. I am going to paraphrase what he said, but it was something like this: Our loved ones would not want us to be sad. We have to remember the plan. We didn't come here to stay. This life is only a short minute when compared to all of eternity. We come here for a certain number of years and when our time here is done we go back to our Father in Heaven which was the plan all along. This is just a short stop along the way. We did not come here to stay and we will see them again!

Goodbye my sweet Beverly, I love you. Thanks so much for all the laughter. I'm so glad I got to be a part of your world. See you later . . .

No comments: