Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Judge Me Not!

I have been dreading traffic court for weeks now. I got a ticket in a school zone. (There were no kids in sight and it was like 5 minutes before ending time.) Everyone told me I would get a good scolding from the judge so I really did not want to go. I just did not want to be humiliated in public. Call me crazy. Anyway, I show up this morning and turns out it's just me and my cute baby, the court recorder, and the judge. No one else in the court room. No one else at all anywhere in the courtroom. No kidding. The judge said "Are you on my docket or are you here for something else?" I said, "I'm really sorry to be on your docket." And off started a very lighthearted chat--yes, I said "Chat" with the judge and his court recorter--mostly about my adorable baby. There was no scolding. Thank you very kindly to everyone who scared the daylights out of me for absolutely no reason! He was a very nice judge who could tell I was sorry. Anyway, I am going to traffic school where you learn not to get yourself in predicaments like this in the first place--you know, the kind where your friends try to frighten the life out of you with spooky stories about the judicial system.

No comments: